Source Incorporation and Academic Integrity
Part 1: Research & Review
Pay particular attention to the following as you review the Required Resources for this activity:
- : Building Body Paragraphs section
- : Signal Phrases section
Then, choose one of the sources you have collected so far this term.
Part 2: Application
Draft a body paragraph for the upcoming pro/con position paper, incorporating one paraphrase and one quote.
- The paragraph should contain a topic sentence, evidence, and conclusion/connection. Strive for a minimum of 5 complete sentences.
- The paraphrase should be introduced with a signal phrase.
- The quote should be introduced and explained.
- Both the paraphrase and quote should be cited in-text and on a reference page.
Then, answer the following prompts:
- Explain your approach to paraphrasing vs quoting.
- What made the quote stand out?
- Based on the information from the Turnitin plagiarism link, how did you ensure both the paraphrase and quote were not plagiarized?
- How did reviewing the Turnitin plagiarism link impact how you incorporated your resources?
- Do you prefer to paraphrase or quote? Why is that the case?