Prepare an 8-10 minute audio training tutorial (video is optional) for new nurses on the importance of nursing-sensitive quality indicators.
The focus of Assessment 4 is on how informatics support monitoring of nursing-sensitive quality indicator data. You will develop an 8–10 minute audio (or video) training module to orient new nurses in a workplace to a single nursing-sensitive quality indicator critical to the organization. Your recording will address how data are collected and disseminated across the organization along with the nurses’ role in supporting accurate reporting and high-quality results.
This assessment requires you to prepare an 8–10 minute audio training tutorial (with optional video) for new nurses on the importance of nursing-sensitive quality indicators. To successfully prepare for your assessment, you will need to complete the following preparatory activities:
· Select a single nursing-sensitive quality indicator that you see as important to a selected type of health care system. Choose from the following list:
. Staffing measures.
. Nursing hours per patient day.
. RN education/certification.
. Skill mix.
. Nurse turnover.
. Nursing care hours in emergency departments, perioperative units, and perinatal units.
. Skill mix in emergency departments, perioperative units, and perinatal units.
· Quality measures.
. Patient falls.
. Patient falls with injury.
. Pressure ulcer prevalence.
. Health care-associated infections.
. Catheter-associated urinary tract infection.
. Central line catheter associated blood stream infection.
. Ventilator-associated pneumonia.
. Ventilator- associated events.
· Psychiatric physical/sexual assault rate.
· Restraint prevalence.
· Pediatric peripheral intravenous infiltration rate.
· Pediatric pain assessment, intervention, reassessment (air) cycle.
· Falls in ambulatory settings.
· Pressure ulcer incidence rates from electronic health records.
· Hospital readmission rates.
· RN satisfaction survey options.
. Job satisfaction scales.
. Job satisfaction scales – short form.
. Practice environment scale.
· Conduct independent research on the most current information about the selected nursing-sensitive quality indicator.
· Interview a professional colleague or contact who is familiar with quality monitoring and how technology can help to collect and report quality indicator data. You do not need to submit the transcript of your conversation, but do integrate what you learned from the interview into the audio tutorial.
· Consider these questions for your interview:
· What is your experience with collecting data and entering it into a database?
· What challenges have you experienced?
· How does your organization share with the nursing staff and other members of the health care system the quality improvement monitoring results?
· What role do bedside nurses and other frontline staff have in entering the data? For example, do staff members enter the information into an electronic medical record for extraction? Or do they enter it into another system? How effective is this process?
For this assessment, imagine you are a member of a Quality Improvement Council at any type of health care system, whether acute, ambulatory, home health, managed care, et cetera. Your Council has identified that newly hired nurses would benefit from comprehensive training on the importance of nursing-sensitive quality indicators. The Council would like the training to address how this information is collected and disseminated across the organization. It would also like the training to describe the role nurses have in accurate reporting and high-quality results.
The Council indicates a recording is preferable to a written fact sheet due to the popularity of audio blogs. In this way, new hires can listen to the tutorial on their own time using their phone or other device.
As a result of this need, you offer to create an audio tutorial orienting new hires to these topics. You know that you will need a script to guide your audio recording. You also plan to incorporate into your script the insights you learned from conducting an interview with an authority on quality monitoring and the use of technology to collect and report quality indicator data.
You determine that you will cover the following topics in your audio tutorial script:
Introduction: Nursing-Sensitive Quality Indicator
· What is the National Database of Nursing-Sensitive Quality Indicators?
· What are nursing-sensitive quality indicators?
· Which particular quality indicator did you select to address in your tutorial?
· Why is this quality indicator important to monitor?
· Be sure to address the impact of this indicator on the quality of care and patient safety.
· Why do new nurses need to be familiar with this particular quality indicator when providing patient care?
Collection and Distribution of Quality Indicator Data
· According to your interview and other resources, how does your organization collect data on this quality indicator?
· How does the organization disseminate aggregate data?
· What role do nurses play in supporting accurate reporting and high-quality results?
· As an example, consider the importance of accurately entering data regarding nursing interventions.
· Script: A separate document with the script or speaker’s notes is required. Important: Submissions that do not include the script or speaker’s notes will be returned as a non-performance.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.