Developing An Instructional Unit Assignment
Developing An Instructional Unit
Developing an Instructional Unit
This project will help you focus on the important concepts presented throughout the course. For this project, you will be expected to develop three lesson plans as part of an instructional unit on a subject of your choice focusing on one disease. The project will contain one lesson plan focused on education of a patient, one on family education, and one on staff development. The plans should demonstrate a logical approach to teaching, communicate what is to be taught and how, and outline how objectives are to be evaluated. At a minimum, each final lesson must contain the following components:
· Provide the title of the lesson.
· Identify and describe the learners.
o Include Learner Assessment: educational level, developmental level, readiness to learn, etc.
· Describe the educational setting: (staff development, patient education, family education, etc.).
· Purpose and rationale for the lesson(s).
· Describe the philosophical or theoretical basis for teaching approaches used in the lesson.
Statement of goals and objectives:
· Write broad instructional goals for the educational experience.
· Write behavioral objectives based on Bloom’s taxonomy.
Instructional methods and evaluation of learning—for each objective:
· Describe the lesson content.
· Provide a sequence for teaching activities.
· Describe instructional strategies.
· Indicate time allotted for each activity.
· Describe the instructional resources (materials, tools, etc.) to be used.
· Describe how the learning will be evaluated.