Managerial Ethics And Social Responsibility
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- There are four reasons stated in the textbook as to why ethical problems occur in business. Identify the nature of each ethical problem and the typical approach taken in response to the problem.
- How does a person’s spirituality influence his/her ethical behavior? How have organizations responded to increased attention to spirituality and religion at work attempting to accommodate their employees?
- Not all ethics issues in business are the same. Discuss the distinct ethical issues across three different organizational functions. Highlight details of the professional codes of conduct for each.
[Your post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your initial post should be at least 500+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your posting should be completed by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. EST.]
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material.]
Chapter 5: Ethics and Ethical Reasoning
- Defining ethics and business ethics.
- Evaluating why businesses should be ethical.
- Knowing why ethical problems occur in business.
- Identifying managerial values and people’s spirituality as influences on ethical decision-making.
- Understanding stages of moral reasoning.
- Analyzing ethical problems using generally accepted ethics theories.
- Understanding how moral intensity affects ethical decision-making.
Chapter 6: Organizational Ethics
- Classifying an organization’s culture and ethical climate.
- Recognizing ethics challenges across the multiple functions of business.
- Creating effective ethics polices and identifying responsible individuals to become the organization’s ethics and compliance officer.
- Constructing successful ethics reporting mechanisms, ethics training programs, and similar safeguards.
- Understanding how to conduct business ethically in the global marketplace.