1. Why is Calabria a good place to study longevity? Give three reasons in point form. 2. What are three main points (in point form) scientists have learned about longevity?
Section One: Beyond 100
A. Comprehension Questions
1. Why is Calabria a good place to study longevity? Give three reasons in point form.
2. What are three main points (in point form) scientists have learned about longevity?
Answer the following in complete sentences.
3. Why did the researchers compare centenarians with their spouses and siblings?
4. What tools did the researchers use to make family trees of people in Calabria?
5. What are two ways genetics can contribute to longevity?
Look at the infographic on page 175.
6. Which country spends the most per person on health care? The least?
7. Which country has the longest life expectancy? The shortest?
8. What can be inferred about the relationship between health care spending and longevity?
B. Vocabulary in Context
Write a sentence that would show understanding of each of the words below. You may any form of the words for your sentences. Use the context to help you understand their meaning. Edit your work.
2. gain insight into
A. Comprehension Questions
Answer in complete sentences.
1. In your own words, according to Gladwell, what is achievement?
2. What was the one difference mentioned by Gladwell between the other bands and the Beatles that propelled the Beatles into such a huge success?
3. In your own words, summarize paragraph 5 on what Levitin says about success.
4. Look at numbers 9 to 10 in the passage. What message do you think the author is trying to show from the three quotes?
B. Vocabulary Using the correct form of the words from the list below, fill in the blanks.
expertise transform persistence determination transform
1. According to Anna Pavlov, work has the ________________ effect of turning talent into genius.
2. Gladwell believes that to achieve mastery, you must ________________ in your practice and never five up.
3. Gladwell says it takes about ten years to attain true world-class _________.
4. According to Gladwell, the ____________ of talent into expertise requires at least 10,000 hours.
5. Twain said that if you are ______________ to succeed, half the battle is won.
A. Comprehension Questions
1. In a complete sentence, what is the main idea of this article?
2. What do the two long lines going across the map represent?
3. T/F The average birthrate in the world has decreased since 1972.
4. T/F A ‘one-two-four” household has more young people than old people.
5. T/F The Muslim countries of the Middle East are aging countries.
6. Which industrialized country had the lowest average retirement age for men in 1995?
7. In 2050, which one of the industrialized countries listed in the bar chart will have the fewest workers supporting each retiree?
8. In Paragraph 4, Neil Howe is quoted as saying, “The developed world at least got rich before it got old. In the Third World, the trend is reversed.” What does he mean?
9. Look at the “Map Key.” Two boxes use the term replacement fertility rates. What does that phrase mean? How can a country have a below replacement fertility rate and not have a declining population?
10. Does the author think the problems caused by global aging are worse than problems that would be caused by a rapidly increasing world population?
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.