This is a paper that is focusing on the differences between the Synoptic Gospels and John. The paper also discusses the differences between the books of Gospel in the Bible.
BOOK: Burge, Gary M., Lynn H. Cohick, and Gene L. Green. The New Testament in Antiquity.
Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2009.
RUBRIC: Every student will answer the questions in the forum provided by the professor with a 300 words response, using correct grammar, punctuation, and a formal writing style aligning
with Turabian 8 edition.
*each needs to be answered individually – this is why I paid for 12 pages
After reading chapters 1–4 on the Background of the New Testament, discuss at least one cultural or historical background that you found important for understanding some aspect of the New Testament. In other words, what did you find insightful about the historical and cultural background of the New Testament and why?
Perhaps one of the most questions the Gospel writers (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) are aiming to answer is, why did Jesus die? Jesus’ death can be discussed (and is in all four Gospels) in both historical terms and theological terms in complementary fashion. In other words, the Gospels give a theological answer to the question as well as a historical answer.
1. Firstly, the historical answer to the question, why did Jesus die, can be seen in Jesus’ arrest and trial. For example, what was the Sanhedrin’s chief complaint against Jesus? Why were its members persuaded that he had to die?
2. Secondly, the theological answer to the question, why did Jesus die, can be seen in the gospel writers’ portrayal of Jesus in parallel to the Passover tradition. What were the literary and theological connections between the Old Testament Passover traditions and Jesus’ death?
3. In thinking about Burge, Cohick, and Green’s discussion of Jesus death in chapter 6 and the questions above, answer the question, why did Jesus die? Discuss the theological and historical understandings of his death.
Respond to the following two items:
1. Firstly, what are a few of the differences between the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke) and John’s Gospel?
2. Secondly, drawing on your reading from the textbook, how would you explain to someone the fact that there are differences in some of the gospel accounts? Specifically, how do these differences reflect positively on the historical accuracy of the stories/accounts instead of negatively against them?
Discuss the key aspects of the Christian mission according to Acts, including the message, the method, and the recipients of the gospel.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.