Stream Morphology Laboratory
Prior to beginning work on this lab, read the Stream Morphology investigation manual. This lab enables you to construct a physical scale model of a stream system to help you understand how streams and rivers shape the landscape and how human actions can affect river ecosystems. This lab is done with materials that you will need to supply; the list of items you will need to obtain is in the Stream Morphology investigation manual.
Take the required photos and complete all parts of the lab assignment (calculations, data tables, etc.). Use the Lab Worksheet as a resource to complete the Lab Report Template. Transfer any answers and visual elements from the Lab Worksheet into the Lab Report Template. You will submit the Lab Report Template through Waypoint in the classroom.
Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Before you begin the assignment, read the Stream Morphology investigation manual and review SCI207 – The Scientific Method (Links to an external site.) presentation video.
- Complete all activities using the materials that you supply. Photograph each activity following these instructions:
- When taking lab photos, you need to include in each image a strip of paper with your name and the date clearly written on it.
- Use the Lab Worksheet as a resource to complete the Lab Report Template.
- Must use at least two credible sources outside of the textbook and lab manual.
- Submit your completed “Lab Report” via Waypoint.