SPSS homework Help
A between-group one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA) compares the mean values of more than two groups. In this assignment, you will review the SPSS output for an ANOVA and use it to answer questions about the means of the groups.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review “SPSS Access Instructions” for information on how to access SPSS for this assignment.
- Download “SPSS Data Set Legend” for use with this assignment.
- Download “Module 5 SPSS Output” for use with this assignment.
Review the SPSS output file, which reports the results of the between-group (independent group) one-way ANOVA to see if the mean alcohol by volume (%) of the beer differs as a function of quality of the brand as rated by a beer expert (in 2012). Answer the following questions based on your observations of the SPSS output file:
- Looking at the descriptives (first information), do you see differences in the mean alcohol contents for the three levels of quality? Explain.
- Looking at the Test for Homogeneity of Variances (Levene Statistic), is it reasonable to proceed with the ANOVA? Is the assumption met, or violated? How do you know?
- Looking at the results of the ANOVA, is there a significant difference in the mean alcohol content for beers in the three quality groups? How do you know? Write the results in the following format: F(df value) = ___, p value = ______.
- The pairwise post hoc tests indicate which quality groups’ means are statistically significantly different for the others. Using the results of the Tukey HSD post hoc test, what two quality rating groups had significantly different mean alcohol by volume levels? How do you know?