Scenario Homework Help
Scenario homework Help, Assume you are a consultant hired by an established medium-sized manufacturing corporation with 250 employees. It directly markets one unique product. The corporation is run by a new CEO and 11 other executives who have been with the organization for varying lengths of time. The new CEO has an aggressive growth objective for the corporation of 100 percent over the next five years. The current business model will not support this objective and needs to be updated.
our task is to create a team that will work together over a 9-month time frame to develop a proposal for a new business model and growth strategies. Your responsibilities include convening the team, assigning roles and responsibilities, structuring the team, monitoring activities and production, and documenting outcomes. The team members must come from at least three different functional areas because the new CEO wants input from a variety of stakeholders. The challenge is that under the old business model, none of the personnel working in the functional areas communicated or collaborated. In addition, the former CEO never asked for new ideas and seemed oblivious to issues the corporation was facing.
Now you need to develop a plan for building your team that you could present to the CEO. The following are key ideas for you to keep in mind as you write your plan, but this isn’t an outline for the plan. An outline and what you should include in your plan is defined in the Instructions section below:
- The team will work together for a sustained period of time.
- The visible outcome of the teamwork should focus on the development of a new business model and growth strategies; however, the success of the team as an outcome is up to you and the team members.
- There should be a representative from each of the three functional areas to produce the model.
- A variety of perspectives is important.
- Communication and collaboration are new priorities for teamwork; these processes have not been considered as valuable in the past.
- Issues impacting the business model have not previously been identified by the business’ leadership.
- Innovation previously has not been prioritized as a factor in the business model.
The purpose of this assignment is to create an overview of what should be considered when developing teams. It is not intended to be an in-depth analysis. Based on the scenario above, use the Week 8 Assignment Template [DOCX] to develop a plan with the following sections.
- Title page.
- Briefly explain the goal of your plan and the high-level approach you took in developing it.
- Functional Area Team Member Selections.
- Select and describe team members from three of these functional areas: human resources, accounting/finance, marketing/sales, information technology, and operations.
- Reasons for Functional Area Team Member Selections.
- Explain the reasons for including each functional area and team member in an organizational team in terms of the advantages offered and the type of role an individual would fill.
- Characteristics of Effective Team Members.
- Describe the characteristics (knowledge, skills, and abilities) each team member brings to the project, and explain how those characteristics support a team effort and will be crucial to its success.
- Communicating Team Objectives.
- Explain how you will effectively communicate team objectives, and consider the consequences of failing to do so. Will you draft a team charter? Will you write a mission statement?
- Strategies for Delegating Responsibility.
- Explain the types of strategies you will use to delegate responsibility within the team, how the strategies take into account individual strengths, and how responsibility is delegated fairly. Will you assign tasks or ask for volunteers?
- Strategies for Managing Conflict.
- Describe strategies that will be used to avoid and resolve conflicts between members of a team, and consider the consequences of not dealing with conflict.
- Success Measurement, Tools, and Process.
- Explain how the success of the team will be measured.
- Summarize how your plan will result in an effective team that will contribute to organizational success.
- References page.
Your plan should be 3–5 pages of content, well organized, and written in clear, succinct language. To facilitate evaluation of this assignment, follow APA rules for attributing sources that support your analysis and conclusions.
Academic Integrity and APA Formatting
As a reminder related to using APA rules to ensure academic honesty:
- When using a direct quote (using exact or nearly exact wording), you must enclose the quoted wording in quotation marks, immediately followed by an in-text citation. The source must then be listed on your references page.
- When paraphrasing (using your own words to describe a non-original idea), the paraphrased idea must be immediately followed by an in-text citation, and the source must be listed on your references page.
Refer to the scoring guide to ensure that your work meets the grading criteria for this assignment.
- Written communication: Communication should be clear, well organized, and support a central idea, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
- References: References and citations are formatted in consistent style, with a preference for using APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of three scholarly resources related to the content of the assignment.
- Length of paper: Approximately 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages in addition to the title and references pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Once you have completed your assignment, submit your paper to SafeAssign as a draft. Review the report and correct any citations you missed or cited incorrectly before submitting your assignment for grading.
Your paper is due by 11:59 pm central standard time on Sunday.
Note: Your instructor may use the Writing Feedback Tool when grading this assignment. The Writing Feedback Tool is designed to provide you with guidance and resources to develop your writing based on five core skills. You will find writing feedback in the Scoring Guide for the assignment, once your work has been evaluated. Learn more about the Writing Feedback Tool on the course Tools and Resources page. Get Academic Writing Services