2. What does Brooks mean by “resistance to generalization” in poetry? Why does he think that such resistance is a sign of good poetry?
3. What does Brooks mean when he says that irony is “the acknowledgment of the pressures of context”(805)? Why does he think that such a notion of irony might resist what he calls “a public corrupted by Hollywood”(805)?
Reuben A. Brower, “The Mirror of Analogy: The Tempest”
1. Early in his essay, Brower says that there are “recurrent analogies (or continuities)”(225) in The Tempest that are central to the overall design of the play. Use one or more of Brower’s list of what he calls “the six main continuities in the play”(226) to try to explain what he means when he suggests that an “analogy” is a “continuity” (he uses the terms interchangeably).
2. What does Brower think is the “key metaphor” of the play? What, specifically, does he think is significant about this “key metaphor”?
3. What similarities are there in how Cleanth Brooks and Brower conceive of literature?
George Will, “Literary Politics” and Stephen Greenblatt, “The Best Way to Kill Our Literary Inheritance Is to Turn It into a Decorous Celebration of the New World Order”
1. Does Will’s attack on the goals of contemporary literary critics seem justified? If so, why? If not, why not?
2. How do Will and Greenblatt differ in their understanding of what the worth of literature might be?
3. Why does Will assume that it’s ridiculous to think that The Tempest should be understood in terms of colonialism? Are you persuaded by Greenblatt’s response to what Will says about The Tempest? Why or why not?
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.