Principles Of Finance
- In the business world, it is imperative that each person be able to determine and make recommendations regarding the viability of any purchase, as well as justify the claims made to upper management. Whether the purchase is equipment, stock, or another company, the same techniques and skills are called into play.
- The Corporate Performance Report will require you to apply pertinent business concepts to the analysis of a chosen company using data from the company’s annual report as well as other sources. Using different business concepts and real-world techniques, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the company and write a report for upper management either recommending or not recommending purchase of the company stock. Just as you would in any business situation, you will be required to revise and improve the pieces of your report as you progress and your final product will be something that could be used in the real business world.
- Executive Summary (Morgan Stanley)
- Create an Executive Summary for your report that can be used as the first page of the final product to provide general information for upper management
- Provide a synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and a rationale for whether or not to purchase stock from this company
- The following points need to bulleted to enough info for a 3-5 minute video that I will do myself:
- Explain your rationale for the elements you provided in your Executive Summary and how they specifically support your recommendation.
- Explain how you formulated your recommendation and list the top 3-5 drivers that caused you to come to this conclusion.
- Provide a brief reflection on how your skills have grown through the process of working with your mentor and revising the sections of your report throughout this course.