Older Adult Development Interview Assignment
Review the various theories of Aging in Chapters 14 and 15 of the text.
- Cognitive, physical, and psychosocial development during the interviewee’s Maturity stage of adulthood (age 65 or older).
- How peers influenced interviewee during his or her lifetime.
- What people and/or events influenced the interviewee’s development of morals?
- How the interviewee’s experiences have formulated who he or she is as a mature adult.
Note: American Psychological Association (APA) ethical guidelines indicate that interviewees have the right to refuse to answer any question posed to them by an interviewer. Please ensure that your interviewees are aware of this, and do not force them to answer where the opportunity to reply has been refused.
Pick one of the theories reviewed in Chapters 14 and 15 of the text.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a paper of 750 words, discussing the selected theory and how it relates to your interview. Include the following in your paper:
- A description of the selected theory.
- A description of your interviewee (gender, age, ethnicity, etc.)
- How the interviewee’s responses illustrate the selected theory. Support your response with examples.
- Discuss the ethical and cultural strategies for promoting resilience, optimum development, and wellness in older adults.
- Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the text in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.3.f: Systemic and environmental factors that affect human development, functioning, and behavior.
2.F.3.h: A general framework for understanding differing abilities and strategies for differentiated intervention.
2.F.3.i: Ethical and culturally relevant strategies for promoting resilience and optimum development and wellness across the lifespan. Helphub Tutors