Write a 6-page paper that answers the following questions. Make sure your paper is in paragraph form and does not simply list each question followed by a sentence or so. In other words, your paper should flow like an essay and not simply loaok like a list of questions and answers. Each question should be followed by at least one paragraph (each paragraph should have no less than 3 relevant, substantive sentences). Please keep in mind that the body your paper must be 6 pages long.
- What is normalization and why is it important in database design? Describe at least 3 normal forms and given an example of how each might be used in a database.
- Why are relationships important between database tables? What are the three types of relationships? Which relationship is not found in relational databases and why?
- What is referential integrity and why is it important?
- How can you implement data validation in a form to make sure that users only enter a certain type of data in a certain format. For example, let’s say you have a salary field and it requires the user to enter a whole number that is no more than 6 digits long. What steps do you take to enforce this data validation?
- List at least two other database management systems besides MS Access and list the advantages and disadvantages they have in comparison to Access.
- If you were a database administrator, in your opinion, what would be the most important part of your job?
- Find a job posting for a database administrator. If the salary is listed, what is it? Based on the job posting, what are five skills that the database administrator must have (make sure you list IT-related skills and not soft skills such as time management, critical thinking, etc). Be sure to include a hyperlink to the job posting so that I can review it.
The paper must be double-lined, using no extra lines or extra margins, must have 1″ margins all around, use 12-point Arial, Courier, or Times New Roman, and have additional pages as follows:
1. Title page
2. Table of contents page
3. 6 pages of body for your discussion – following scholarly English writing style – with Introduction, thesis, and conclusion, using ample citations to support your discussion – Use APA Style formatting
4. References page(s) – which list the references to your citations – in APA Style formatting
NOTE: The title and references pages are not part of the 6 page requirement (the title page and references page should make your paper a total of 8 pages long).