Going to school is time-consuming, expensive, and filled with many obstacles to overcome. According to Jean Anyon in “Social Class and the Hidden Curriculum of Work,” the school one goes to can shape one’s future economic social class. In the “Changing Educational Paradigms” video, Ken Robinson speaks to how a large portion of our education is similar to Anyon’s Working Class or Middle Class pedagogy & curriculum. She suggests that socio-economic forces play a much greater role in how our lives work out than we might imagine. Carol Dweck in “Brainology” shares the idea that how we approach our education can have profound effects on our success. Michael Miranda addresses our (often incorrect) myths that color our expectations of college and Rebecca Cox speaks to student anxieties that hinder their education in “The Student Fear Factor.” Finally, Devon Price unpacks the rationale for procrastination in “Laziness Does Not Exist” helping us understand why we procrastinate. The “Shift Happens” video speaks to the larger implications of how and why we learn as it relates to larger societal & demographic shifts.
In this first 4-page essay, use the readings (and videos) as well as your own experiences, to make the argument for what you can do to improve your academic self. Out of all the readings or videos, use at least two or more to support a single “Controlling Idea” (thesis) that shows how you will help yourself be your best academically. This is your core argument.
In other words, you can build your argument as such: “I will be my best academic self by (verb-ing) (resource) to help make me succeed.”
To think about:
· What is one important concept, research finding, theory, or idea that you learned while completing the readings?
· Ask yourself, “Are you a growth mindset student? Fixed mindset student?” and how does that influence you as a student?
· Do you see a connection to your own (W.C./M.C./A.P./E.E.) educational experiences and the student you are today?
· What strategies are you using to overcome or support the learning you have done previously?)
Use the readings to support your argument. You will discuss, given what you have already argued, what you think you should do to improve your chances of success in college.
Please create your own argument/main point (thesis), which you will support throughout your essay. All sub-points (Topic Sentences) should clearly support your main point (thesis).
· Make sure your main point (thesis /controlling idea) is focused on your main idea.
· Before you start, lay out a plan for how you would like to organize the order of your essay. In what order do you want your ideas to go? (strongest to weakest, weakest to strongest, chronologically, sequentially, etc..)
· Try to develop your ideas by analyzing why and how your experiences influenced you as a student and use the readings to support/substantiate that argument.
· Use at least two examples/sources (from our readings) per paragraph. (You must use each reading at least twice in your overall argument).
· Try to organize your writing in the shape of what you think an expository essay might look like, with a catchy introduction that gives background to your ideas and ends with your main point.
· Use paragraphs that clearly support your main point using evidence from the reading as well as your own and others’ experiences (be careful not to veer off topic).
· Wrap up your thinking with a conclusion that summarizes your ideas as well as leaves the reader thinking more in-depth about the topic.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.