Lifestyle Diseases in the Modern Era of Medical Revolution. For this assignment, you will write your own Ted Talk, on any subject you choose. You should have a goal for this TED Talk: Do you want to inform? Do you want to inspire? Do you want to motivate? Do you want to create change? Do you want to comfort people?
For this assignment, you will write your own Ted Talk, on any subject you choose.
You do not need to be an “expert” in the topic. You should care deeply about your topic, though. Choose a topic you can research and discuss with passion and conviction.
You should have a goal for this TED Talk:
Firstly, Do you want to inform?
Secondly, Do you want to inspire?
Thirdly, Do you want to motivate?
Fourthly, Do you want to create change?
Further, Do you want to comfort people?
The talk must be at least five paragraphs of text, and it should be about 1,000 words. You will ONLY submit the written essay, NOT a recording.
However, to review and polish your work, it would be a great idea to record yourself delivering the talk. When you read your essay aloud, you will likely discover wordiness, awkward phrasing, and lack of flow. This process will help you refine your writing.
A strong introduction is crucial.
Firstly, Draw in your audience members with something they care about. If it’s a topic the general audience thinks about a lot, start with a clear statement of what the idea is. If it’s a field they never think about, start off by invoking something they do think about a lot and relate that concept to your idea. -If the idea is something fun, but not something the audience would ever think about, open with a surprising and cool fact or declaration of relevance (not a statistic!). If it’s a heavy topic, find an understated and frank way to get off the ground; don’t force people to feel emotional.
Secondly, Get your idea out as quickly as possible.
Thirdly, Don’t focus too much on yourself.
Fourthly, Don’t open with a string of stats.
In presenting your topic and evidence:
• Make a list of all the evidence you want to use: Think about items that your audience already knows about and the things you’ll need to convince them of. Order all of the items in your list based on what a person needs to know before they can understand the next point, and from least to most exciting. Now cut out everything you possibly can without losing the integrity of your argument. You will most likely need to cut things that you think are important. Consider making this list with a trusted friend, someone who isn’t an expert in your field.
• You must do research for your essay, using reliable sources (as reviewed in week 8), and you can also conduct personal interviews for your source materials.
• Spend more time on new information: If your audience needs to be reminded of old or common information, be brief.
• Use empirical evidence and limit anecdotal evidence.
• Don’t use too much jargon, or explain new terminology.
• (Respectfully) address any controversies in your claims, including legitimate counterarguments, reasons you might be wrong, or doubts your audience might have about your idea.
• Don’t let citations interrupt the flow of your explanation.
• Find a landing point in your conclusion that will leave your audience feeling positive toward you and your idea’s chances for success. Don’t use your conclusion to simply summarize what you’ve already said; tell your audience how your idea might affect their lives if it’s implemented.
• Avoid ending with a pitch (such as soliciting funds, showing a book cover, using corporate logos).
• If appropriate, give your audience a call to action.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.