Financial Structures Of Health Care
As health care costs continue to soar, the financial structure of health care organizations remains at the forefront of public discussion. Some would argue that finance is exerting too much influence on the structure of health care organizations and services to the detriment of the quality of care and patient safety. Others vehemently disagree noting that being financially aware is creating efficient forms of health care services that are beneficial to patients. There are also specific advocates for both for-profit and non-profit structures. Further, in the process of becoming a doctoral researcher, it is necessary to develop the ability to organize and synthesize the related extant literature and to write well in academic style. Writing skill is improved by accepting feedback and carrying out revision. In this assignment, you will will revise a previous submission regarding health care structures and analyze the role of finance in determining the structure of health care organizations and health care services.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Present a revised version (1,250-1,550 words total) of the paper “Contrast of Health Care Structures” that makes improvements in the caliber of the writing and incorporates instructor feedback regarding content and writing. Include the following in your submission:
- A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
- The revised paper that incorporates instructor feedback; clarifies the thesis statement and solidifies supporting arguments; edits for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjusts word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjusts sentence structure for improved readability.
Write an additional 1,000-1,250 words in which you analyze the role of finance in determining the structure of health care organizations and health care services. Include the following in your analysis:
- A discussion of the internal and external financial structures that influence a health care organization.
- A discussion of how the Affordable Care Act is affecting health care finance.
- A discussion of how finance is influencing the quality of care and patient safety.
- A discussion of the ethical concerns surrounding health care finance.