Read about the role of the independent auditing firm Arthur Andersen & Co. in the scandalous financial fraud perpetrated by ENRON corporation. Also, see the “Enron Corporation” case (Links to an external site.) for this question.
Please, write the question above your answer.
1) The Enron debacle created what one public official reported was a “crisis of confidence” on the part of the public in the accounting profession. List the parties who you believe were most responsible for that crisis. Briefly justify each of your choices.
2) When reviewing the ACFE’s Code of Ethics (ATTACHED), what specific code(s) did Arthur Andersen violate?
3) Often fraud examiners must deal with independence issues when examining a company. How do we define independence by both the financial auditor and a fraud examiners?
4) Some people believe that the audit industry has fallen out of touch with the realities of business. They believe that accounting standards were developed for a manufacturing environment and are not fitted for our modern needs. As a result, they contend that financial statements have turned into a game in which all companies try to match earnings forecasts set by financial analysts. Are these statements true, or do you think that they are too cynical?
5) One of the most controversial topics to affect the accounting profession has been that of earnings management. Companies have been trying to manage their earnings to match analysts’ projections.
6) While the accounting literature doesn’t give accounting professionals a clear definition of earnings management, many people have been critical of companies for trying to manage earnings, saying that most managed financial statements are fraudulent. Analyze the pros and cons of earnings management and try to decide whether earnings management is the same as financial statement fraud.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.