NR328 Pediatric Nursing
RUA: Ethical Dilemma Assignment Guidelines
For this assignment, you will examine an ethical dilemma that exists in pediatric settings. You will examine the ethical dilemma from two opposing positions and consider ethical principles, conflict between the principles and the relationship of the ANA Code of Ethic’s provisions in relation to both positions. You will also discuss potential resources, possible outcomes of both positions and develop a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, family and the nurse). You will submit an individual paper grounded in scholarly sources with a reflection on your values.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Provides individualized comprehensive care for children and their families with multiple health problems in
institutions and community care settings from birth through adolescence. (PO 1)
4. Utilizes critical thinking skills in clinical decision making in the care of pediatric clients. (PO 4)
6. Utilizes legal, ethical, and professional standards and principles, including those related to child abuse recognition
and intervention, as a basis for pediatric clinical decision‐making. (PO 6)
8. Utilize research findings as a basis for nursing interventions in pediatric healthcare settings and the development
of professional nursing papers. (PO 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions. 1) An ethical dilemma with opposing positions will be assigned by your instructor.
2) Although you may not agree with one of the positions, reflect on your views, respect other perspectives, and
examine scholarly literature on both positions.
3) When faced with ethical dilemmas, nurses often find conflict or differences in values. It is important for nurses to
explore their own values in order to respect other’s values and differences. A section for self‐reflection is included
in this assignment as the last page of the paper and it will not be graded for APA style.
4) Write a 3‐5 page paper (not including the title page, reference page, and the reflection) using APA format.
5) Use this link to take you directly to the ANA website to access the Code of Ethics. When prompted, choose “No I do
not wish to register at this time. Take me to the Code now.” https://www.nursingworld.org/practice‐
6) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library. 7) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
a. Introduction ‐10 points/10%
• Description of the dilemma is clear.
• Statistical significance to Pediatric nursing is included.
• Pro and con positions of the dilemma are presented.
• A brief fictional case is used to illustrate the dilemma.
b. Ethical Principles ‐20 points/20%
• Brief description of ethical principles (may cite textbook).
• Applicable ethical principle(s) to support the pro position are used.
• Applicable ethical principle(s) to support the con position are used.
• Discussion of which, if any, ethical principles are in conflict with the opposing positions.
• Discussion supported by scholarly sources.
c. ANA Code of Ethics Provisions‐ 30 points/30%
• Brief description of the ANA Code of Ethics.
• Appropriate three (3) provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply to the ethical dilemma.
• Discussion of how the chosen provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics help guide the nurse in the ethical
d. Outcomes and Plan ‐ 20 points/20%
• Discuss possible outcomes of the pro position.
• Discuss possible outcomes of the con position.
• Present resources available in the community to resolve the dilemma (hotlines, shelters, agencies etc.).
• Explain how resources could help in resolving the dilemma.
• Present a plan for resolving the dilemma (for child, family and nurse).
e. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
• References are submitted with paper.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• At least three (3) nursing, scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the
textbook, are provided.
• One (1) scholarly source must be the ANA Code of Ethics Provisions.
f. Reflection ‐ 10 points/10%
• Last page of the paper after references.
• Reflection of own values and morals as it relates to the ethical dilemma.
• Discussion on possible cultural, social, or religious influences.
The post examine an ethical dilemma that exists in pediatric settings. You will examine the ethical dilemma from two opposing positions and consider ethical principles, conflict between the principles and the relationship of the ANA Code of Ethic’s provisions in relation to both positions appeared first on Best Custom Essay Writing Services | EssayBureau.com.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.