Ethical Hacking Homework
Securing IoT Devices: What are the Challenges?
Security practitioners suggest that key IoT security steps include:
1) Make people aware that there is a threat to security;
2) Design a technical solution to reduce security vulnerabilities;
3) Align the legal and regulatory frameworks; and
4) Develop a workforce with the skills to handle IoT security.
Final Assignment – Project Plan (Deliverables):
1) Address each of the FOUR IoT security steps listed above in terms of IoT devices by explaining in a step-by-step guide, how to make people more aware of the problems associated with the use of IoT devices.
2) If you owned a large company like RING, SimpliSafe, MedicalAlert or NEST that experienced a data breach due to faulty security settings on one of your IoT devices (such as a video doorbell or medical alert bracelet or a similar device) what would you tell your business partners and customers? Prepare a letter to send to your customers explaining the situation and what you plan to do about it. Keep in mind you want to do all you can to avoid losing business over this breach.