1) a) Graphically show how it is possible that two steady states exist if a group of economies have similar rates of depreciation, population growth and technological progress. Under which conditions might the economy eventually end up in the low k steady state? Explain the intuition. b) Based on the diagram above, provide an example of group of countries that are converging to similar per capita income? Are there any studies (search in google scholar or ProQuest and cite two studies) to support your claim? (4 points)
Type your answer (one large paragraph). Draw appropriate diagram by hand if necessary, take photo and insert it.
2) https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB117462055909446522 https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123758895999200083 a) What are foreign aid and poverty trap? What role has foreign aid played in the economic development of many African nations over the past 50 years? b) Can countries grow out of a poverty trap with the help of foreign aid? What evidence (cite two studies) is there that this is possible? (4 points)
3) Could a change in the savings rate lift the economy out of its poverty trap without outside assistance in a club economies? If yes, characterize the minimum change in the savings rate needed and use relevant diagram to demonstrate your claim. (4 points) Type your answer (one large paragraph). Draw appropriate diagram by hand if necessary, take photo and insert it.
4) Eastern European Convergence http://online.wsj.com/articles/imf-warns-eastern-european-income-convergence-hasstalled-1414134496 https://www.forbes.com/sites/stratfor/2017/09/12/central-and-eastern-europes-crisis-ofconvergence/#53ef168c67cc Based on the articles above, according to the growth models we learned, discuss critically reason for convergence/divergence in Eastern European countries (also known as transition economies). What type of convergence are they facing? (4 points) Type your answer (one large paragraph).
5) Covid-19 May Keep Developing Countries From Catching Up to Rich Ones By Jon Emont WSJ Aug 5, 2020 7:00 am ET (4 points) https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-may-keep-developing-countries-from-catchingup-to-rich-ones-11596625207 In the past it seems like developing countries naturally grow faster and they can catch up with more advanced or developed economies, but recently we have seen a very different pattern.” Using absolute convergence diagram explain the catch-up effect. What are the reasons developing countries are struggling to catch up? Type your answer (one large paragraph). Draw appropriate diagram by hand if necessary, take photo and insert it.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.