Development During Adolescence Assignment
Teacher candidates will learn of development characteristics from a nurse, physical education teacher, sports coach, or another health specialist at the school and practicing special education teachers. In this block, your field experience must be completed outside of school hours when students are not present.
Contact a health specialist and a special education teacher from secondary grades 6-12 and arrange separate interviews. Speak with your instructor about alternate professionals to interview, if necessary.
Use the following points of discussion to guide your interview:
- Discuss the characteristics of adolescence.
- What characteristics seem to change the most and why?
- What characteristics seem to never change?
- How does physical development influence the characteristics of adolescence?
- How does cognitive development influence the characteristics of adolescence?
- How do social and emotional relationships influence adolescent?
- What technologies are used to facilitate adolescent learning?
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on your interviews. Discuss the characteristics of physical and cognitive development during adolescence and the effect it has on the learning process for students. Explain the effect that social and emotional relationships have during adolescence.
Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice. Get College Homework Help today