COS70006: Object Oriented Programming
Project 1 – 2020, Semester 1
20% of your final mark
Due by at the end of Week 6 (11:59pm Sunday)
NOTE: Extensions must be applied for before the due date by emailing the unit convener. A
request for extension after the due time or without a valid medical certificate will NOT be
Project 1 – Parking Spot System – Requirements
A small system is required that will help manage cars at a parking site for a company. You are
to develop a system that has exactly following four classes:
• Application class
• CarPark class
• ParkingSlot class
• Car class
Application is the Console (Text Based) Interface class including the main() method and
handling all inputs and outputs.
CarPark is responsible for maintaining a list of available parking slots. You should be able to
find a slot, add a slot, delete a slot, and provide a list of all slots included in the car park.
There are two types of parking slots: slots only for visitors and slots only for staff members. A
parking slot must have an identifier, which starts with a capital letter, followed by a two-digit
number e.g. “D01”, “E27”. A parking slot also should know if a car and what car is parked in
the slot. You must be able to add a car to the slot and remove a car from the slot.
A car will be identified by its registration number. A registration number always starts with a
capital letter, followed by a four-digit number e.g. “T2345”. A car should have an owner and
knows if the owner is a staff member.
For this assessment, you do NOT need to maintain a list of parked cars in any of your classes.
The office manager requires a simple Console (Text Based) Interface that will have the
following menu items.
1. Add a parking slot, all information provided by users
2. Delete a parking slot by slot ID (only if not occupied)
3. List all slots in a well-defined format with information including slot ID, slot type,
whether occupied, and if occupied, show the car registration and the owner.
4. Park a car into a slot (provide slot ID and car information)
5. Find a car by registration number and show the slot and the owner if the car is in
6. Remove a car by registration number
Required conditions to be checked for user inputs:
1. User inputs for menu options, car information, and parking slot information should not
crash the program
2. Parking slot number must be an uppercase letter followed by 2 digits
3. Car registration number must be an uppercase letter followed by 4 digits
4. Each slot should have a unique slot number
5. A parking slot cannot be deleted if there is a car being parked there
6. Visitor car can only be parked in a visitor slot and staff car can only be parked in a
7. A car can only be parked in an unoccupied slot
8. A car can only be parked in one slot
• The solution must be a BlueJ Project.
1. All classes and methods include Javadoc
2. Code is well structured and object oriented.
3. User interface class (Application) is broken down into single purposed methods
4. User interface class (Application) is separated from business logic classes
5. The user input is safe and will not crash the program
6. The user should be well informed about what he/she is expected to enter and the
feedback of their action.
7. Pre-condition checking is included in the class methods.
THIS IS AN INDIVDUAL PROJECT.
• The submitted work must be your own work.
• You must keep your own work from other students.
• You may NOT view the code of other students.
• You may discuss the work with teaching staff.
• You may discuss the big picture with peers but the final design should be yours.
• You must name and code attributes and operations on your own.
• There will be absolutely no tolerance of plagiarism.
• Any person that presents any work that is not their own or is not properly referenced
will be awarded 0 marks for the project.
Zip you BlueJ project into a file and submit it to ESP by the due time
Total marks: 80
• Javadoc for all class headers and methods headers
• Proper comments for variables and blocks
• Proper indentations and use of blank lines
• Proper Java naming conventions and meaningful
|Appropriate implementation of functionality using
well-structured OO classes
• User Interface class separated from business logic
• Broken down into single purposed methods
• Popper user messages for user inputs and outputs
• The user input is safe and will not crash the
• Each class is defined as required
• Logic of code can be followed
|Each function in the menu works as required and
required conditions checked
• Add a parking slot (8 marks)
• Delete a parking slot (only if not occupied) (8
• List all slots in a well-defined format (8 marks)
• Park a car to a specified slot (8 marks)
• Find a car and show the slot if the car is in (8 marks)
• Remove a car (8 marks)
• Exit (2 marks)
The post COS70006: Object Oriented Programming appeared first on My Assignment Online.
Why Choose HelpHub
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
HelpHub Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.